I have been trying to relish all the remaining parts of Summer that are left, and trying to get my kids ready for back to school..which is Wednesday officially! YAY..I mean, aww, I will miss them home all the time. 😛
Well, sooooOOooOOoo much has happened since my last post. Let’s see…
-We went to the Cape for another vacation, for 6 days, which was super amazing. We had a great experience again this time around and we enjoyed every second of it. And..I got a tan! YES! me!
– Finally, I put a date together for my girls’ big birthday bash. I am so happy, and mentioning it again, that my oldest daughter decided to give a joint birthday one more year. YAY!! My girls have the same birth month, and have been throwing a huge 50 person bash since my oldest turned 4, and they have enjoyed it since. Last year I suggested, begrudgingly because I love the big fantasy of it all, that the party volume get turned down so they can invite more school friends, like everyone else, and get into the swing of smaller parties, and they agreed. For a week. haha My oldest is turning ten this year (double digits!!), her sister eight, and I think she felt like a big bash was appropriate for this big double-digit event. I feel that way all the time, so, I am excited!! Their theme this year is Circus. My husband helped me create such fun invitations, and I hope I can pull this off the way I view it in my mind. Lots of fun food, very colorful decorations, lots of kids and games! Wish me luck and I will post about it at the end of next month (if it comes out right haha).
– This is a bummer, but way awesome nonetheless. My husband got to meet John Lasseter. I know, super awesome, but this has nothing really to do with me, but I am still sooooo jealous. John Lasseter is one of those people I have been dying to meet, and of course this gift fell onto my husband’s lap. Well, it actually happened for reason, not just because. He did design the first Pixar based science exhibit and John Lasseter was there to see it. So my husband and his lead graphic designer took John Lasseter on a two-hour tour of the space. Needless to say, he loved it, which must’ve felt amazing for my husband to hear and to see happening before his eyes. He got to take a few pictures with him, and John Lasseter drew Buzz Lightyear and signed an exhibit themed folder for the family (which made my night when I saw it!).
– We officially booked one of our 2016 vacations, which I am so super stoked, over the moon about! Seriously, I am so giddy over this trip I can’t stop talking about it. Did I ever mention I love being away? hah Something about not working is intriguing :). So …A short blurb about this; I have friends from Australia, who are taking a special birthday based trip to the States, and we will be joining them for about 12 days of it. But, I will fill in these details the closer we get to that timeframe. I am so excited!
– What else? Well. Yankee Candle had their big Halloween preview event this weekend. IF you don’t know me by now, uhm, I have a major obsession with Halloween …and Day of the Dead, and skulls; and I adore the YC Boney Bunch candle holders. I started collecting them in 2007, with my older sister, and we have made a fun shopping morning out of it every year since.
I like the fun, not spooky, part of the holiday. I am not sure why, or where it stems from, but I dress up every year in some fun get up…
-Ahh, our wedding anniversary. I cannot believe we have been married for 14 years! Where has the time gone really?!?!!? Who are these people, and where have they gone?
– Oh, the gym! Yes, I am still hitting the gym harder than ever. My schedule has been kooky with the kids out of Summer camp and heading into school, so I had worked out a handful of days at home this month, but oddly, I find myself pushing myself more for some reason when I workout at home. I am not even close to using the same weight size as I do when I am at the gym…but I get the burn more. Idk. It’s all good I guess! My scale is at a halt, but with vacation and having company over a whole lot, I didn’t expect much more. One week I am down, the next one I am back up to the same spot. I have to get my head back into the eating clean game.
And. I hope this motivation doesn’t fall flat, because I am loving the feeling of being strong so much! It’s been such a fun journey and I have so much further to go! And I still appreciate all the wonderful motivation and support from my family and all my fitness enthused friends.
Well, I am hoping with my world coming back to the center this coming month, I can focus on posting here more often, like every Friday.. I’d like to start sharing my fitness results like I planned in Spring on top of my other kookiness. I really want to push myself to share these private parts of me, because I find my vulnerable side harder to express and I like that challenge.
Well. Hope you guys have had a great month! Talk to you all real soon!