With a heavy heart I am dedicating this Top Ten post to our family pet, Gordon.
Tuesday evening we had to say goodbye to Gordon, our beautiful cat. Over last weekend, we watched in disbelief as our little buddy declined in health, and, by the time we saw the vet on Monday morning, he was unable to be assisted with medical intervention. He never showed any symptoms before last weekend, it was a total surprise for all of us, as he was diagnosed with late stages of kidney failure. And as quickly as he was diagnosed, he spiraled further into the disease.
It feels like he was taken too quickly from our family, even though he was here for nine years, it seems too soon. We hope he felt how much he was loved every day. xoxo
I love you Gordy.
Valeria’s Top Ten Thursday- Gordon
- A few years ago, during Christmastime, he just looks so sweet here.
- When we first brought him home. 2009.
- How I will always remember him every day. Looking out onto the yard to watch all the action. Here it was fall time.
- His love for Christmas trees was always hilarious. It was like he had his own personal forest under there.
- His big beautiful copper eyes. They were soulful and perfect.
- The months he spent in the cone of shame.. my poor kitty!
- He let our youngest daughter dress him up all the time. I think he secretly liked it..
- He also indulged me with these silly cat selfies. 🙂 I will miss how he looked like he rolled his Eyes at me whenever I grabbed my phone for these.
- Gordon loved putting himself wherever he wasn’t necessarily supposed to be.
- Last photo from the vet visit. He was so ill, but when we got there walked out of his carrier with so much curiosity, like a kitten all over again. 😦
I will always carry a piece of Gordon with me, he was that special.