My oh my! I haven’t blogged in a long while!
A lot has gone on since New Year’s like holiday parties, friend get togethers, trips, a blizzard, and, of course, the craziness of parenthood! Today, we are experiencing the most blustery conditions outside. I went to grab some bread from the bakery and a coffee, and just wanted to turn around back inside the second I stepped onto the front porch. It is no shock how much I do not like this weather, but, it is what it is and at least the sun is now shining.. hope it lasts longer than the meteorologists say!
So, even though a lot has gone on, I don’t really feel like backtracking. Instead, I feel like venting my sillies out .. so here I go!
– Somedays I seem to spend it entirely talking about the most random things. Most of which, hard to keep admitting, have to do with Seinfeld or Mindy Kaling. I can’t help quoting these shows, Seinfeld mostly, and am so grateful my friends always keep it streaming.
– Mindy and I are too much alike. I swear if I were a single Indian stylish OBGYN living in NYC we’d be identical..but alas, I am not. 😉 So, quick, uhm, anyone else super awesomely excited her and Danny are a thing? Diamond Dan yowza.. why can’t my man, or any from in my life, had rhythm like that stud? Oh, I know why..I always end up with super tall guys, who happen to be all left footed. haha ;P (see random, and I love that my husband can’t dance. lol)
– The sound of the bird smashing into the columns in ‘Flappy Wings’, aka former Flappy Birds, cracks me up to no end. If my kids, or I, play it and I hear that ‘splat’ sound, I go into complete hysterics for five minutes. I am laughing right now just thinking about it.
– I still love watching iCarly. Nickelodeon started playing the show from its beginnings on reruns not too long ago. My kids and I have been hooked all over again. But just don’t tell anyone that I don’t mind when it’s left on while they are not in the TV room. Also, keep it hush hush on how much I think Spencer is funny.
– When I get hooked on an old ‘but new to me’ hit series that I am binge watching on Netflix, I like to look at IMDB to see which character makes it the entire run of the show or what happens ahead of what I am watching. It annoys my husband to no end, and I don’t know why I do this, maybe it’s to have a one up on my husband while we are watching so I can shout out “I KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!”…but it’s not, I just like knowing everything beforehand. (I am hard to surprise…jussayin!). Actually, I think IMDB.com is one of my fav websites. I am on it like every day!!
– I can cook to no end, making anything anytime, but coffee..my biggest indulgence in my life… Well, I can’t make a decent cup of coffee to save my life. SHOCKING RIGHT?!?!? I have tried old school methods like a French Press, the Italian stovetop espresso maker to the literally made for no brain activity, like a Keurig! Still comes out like dark brown hot water. Thank the Lord Baby Jesus, I live about 6 minutes in every direction from a Starbucks, and work’s even closer!
Well, that’s all the sillies I could let out right now. I gotta run!
Hope you are all doing so well and I hope to get back into the swing of this blogging thing!!