My oh my! I haven’t blogged in a long while!
A lot has gone on since New Year’s like holiday parties, friend get togethers, trips, a blizzard, and, of course, the craziness of parenthood! Today, we are experiencing the most blustery conditions outside. I went to grab some bread from the bakery and a coffee, and just wanted to turn around back inside the second I stepped onto the front porch. It is no shock how much I do not like this weather, but, it is what it is and at least the sun is now shining.. hope it lasts longer than the meteorologists say!
So, even though a lot has gone on, I don’t really feel like backtracking. Instead, I feel like venting my sillies out .. so here I go!
– Somedays I seem to spend it entirely talking about the most random things. Most of which, hard to keep admitting, have to do with Seinfeld or Mindy Kaling. I can’t help quoting these shows, Seinfeld mostly, and am so grateful my friends always keep it streaming.
– Mindy and I are too much alike. I swear if I were a single Indian stylish OBGYN living in NYC we’d be identical..but alas, I am not. 😉 So, quick, uhm, anyone else super awesomely excited her and Danny are a thing? Diamond Dan yowza.. why can’t my man, or any from in my life, had rhythm like that stud? Oh, I know why..I always end up with super tall guys, who happen to be all left footed. haha ;P (see random, and I love that my husband can’t dance. lol)
– The sound of the bird smashing into the columns in ‘Flappy Wings’, aka former Flappy Birds, cracks me up to no end. If my kids, or I, play it and I hear that ‘splat’ sound, I go into complete hysterics for five minutes. I am laughing right now just thinking about it.
– I still love watching iCarly. Nickelodeon started playing the show from its beginnings on reruns not too long ago. My kids and I have been hooked all over again. But just don’t tell anyone that I don’t mind when it’s left on while they are not in the TV room. Also, keep it hush hush on how much I think Spencer is funny.
– When I get hooked on an old ‘but new to me’ hit series that I am binge watching on Netflix, I like to look at IMDB to see which character makes it the entire run of the show or what happens ahead of what I am watching. It annoys my husband to no end, and I don’t know why I do this, maybe it’s to have a one up on my husband while we are watching so I can shout out “I KNEW THIS WAS COMING!!”…but it’s not, I just like knowing everything beforehand. (I am hard to surprise…jussayin!). Actually, I think IMDB.com is one of my fav websites. I am on it like every day!!
– I can cook to no end, making anything anytime, but coffee..my biggest indulgence in my life… Well, I can’t make a decent cup of coffee to save my life. SHOCKING RIGHT?!?!? I have tried old school methods like a French Press, the Italian stovetop espresso maker to the literally made for no brain activity, like a Keurig! Still comes out like dark brown hot water. Thank the Lord Baby Jesus, I live about 6 minutes in every direction from a Starbucks, and work’s even closer!
Well, that’s all the sillies I could let out right now. I gotta run!
Hope you are all doing so well and I hope to get back into the swing of this blogging thing!!
Happy New Year, Everyone! Many wishes for a fantastic 2015 filled with love, prosperity and great health! Also, lots of super fun adventures! 🙂
Quick photo recap of our New Year’s celebrations!
New Year’s Eve!
The holidays are all about quality time with family and friends, and lots of drinking and eating.
I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!
We hosted both sides of the family to a fun New Year’s potluck. It worked out so well and there were so many fun things to eat. I had a lot of fun making one of our dishes of the night, the zucchini tart from Ina Garten’s newest book, and I CANNOT WAIT TO MAKE IT AGAIN WITH MY TWISTS!!
I had a lot of fun with my children and families, and I hope you guys had a great night too!
New Year’s Day!
Our tradition is to spend New Year’s Day at my parents eating an insane restaurant quality meal all prepared by my mom, aka, Wonder Woman2! She made a great stuffed pork roast, roasted potatoes, caramelized butternut squash, peas with mushrooms and artichokes, all post her perfect chicken broth and tortellini. Drool. So good! I spent all day eating, so I didn’t take many photos, but we were there till late night!